The mission of the Patent and Technology Licensing Committee is to promote the licensing profession involved with transactions concerning patents and technology, by, inter alia, promoting networking among its members, sponsoring appropriate educational activities such as workshops, lectures, and seminars and identifying and collaborating on problem areas of concern to, and major new developments in, this profession.
The goals of the Patents and Technology Committee for 2011-2012 include the following:
- Develop with assistance from the LESI External Relations Committee an Outreach strategy for contacting and collaborating with relevant professional and business organizations involved with patent and technology licensing/transfer as a significant part of their agenda
- Coordinate with the LESI External Relations Committee to identify relevant target professional organizations involved with patent and technology licensing/transfer as a significant part of their agenda and to implement the Outreach strategy to make and maintain contact with them and to collaborate on activities with them
- Seek to produce an LES Workshop and Webinar on key issues for the profession moderated by the Patent and Technology Licensing Committee but comprising presenters from the third party organizations. The program should focus on similarities and differences regarding such key issues between the organizations.
- Coordinate Member Society newsletters to announce recent patent and technology licensing news
- Conduct/sponsor at least two Workshops at the 2012 LESI Annual Conference
- Secure and sponsor at least one publication in les Nouvelles
- Populate and maintain the Committee pages on the LESI Website